Q. How do I set up a meeting in teams without everyone getting notifications?
When I set up a meeting in a teams channel everyone is getting a notification, not just the people I want to invite to the meeting.
How do I prevent that?
The simplest way to prevent everyone from getting a notification for a meeting you want to set in Teams is to create the meeting in Outlook Calendar and enable the meeting in Teams.
A video explaining the process can be found in this box in the Teams libguide.
The steps are as follows:
- Go to your Outlook Calendar
- Create a new meeting and select "more options"
- Select the group or individuals you want to invite to the meeting (if you click the + next to the group name you can see all the participants in that group and you can remove people not required in the meeting)
- Toggle the "Teams Meeting" tab to "on"
- In the description you can paste a link to the channel that you want the meeting to occur in
- Send the invitation
- On your calendar, find the meeting and copy the meeting link
- In Teams, in the correct channel you can make an announcement with the meeting link and @ the participants.