How can we ensure academic integrity when our students are learning online during school closure?
We can assess in the MYP, through school closure. We must communicate a culture of trust and responsibility.
- Awareness that students need to behave ethically. This includes open-book.
- Viva-voce and discussions are valid.
- This is similar to when assessment is sent home anyway. We need a range of tools to ensure authenticity.
- Consider the scale and mode of assessment.
- Ensure simple, clear instructions and no ambiguity of where to submit, so there is reduced confusion.
Link to IB document: "Online learning, teaching and education continuity planning for schools". MyIB Programme Resource Centre.
Awareness that students need to behave ethically. This includes open-book.
Viva-voce and discussions are valid.